Mission

“Change the Patterns, Break the Cycle” of those things not beneficial for ourselves, and fill ourselves with body, heart and soul nutrients that are healthier and more fulfilling for our total well-being.

Tasty Tuesday's

Tasty Tuesday's

Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday’s Momentum 4/20/2015
Do something today that your future self will thank you for ~~~

Dare to Jump

Making lifestyle changes for a healthier, fuller, more enjoyable life takes time. We can’t snap our fingers and have everything fall into place (as much as we might like to). It’s a lifestyle change, it’s not a quick fix, band aid. It takes time, patience, continuing to move forward making better & clearer choices for ourselves and filling our soul, bodies and minds with healthier, more fulfilling nutrients.

Each day is a new step for me also, Incorporating things into my daily routine that I want to be second nature and more positive habits. I’m not where I want to be … … yet! But each step I take and solidify brings me closer to my goals. Each of our journeys are unique to ourselves. We each have to look deep inside to find what it is that motivates us and empowers us to continue moving forward. Seeing our results, and “feeling” them can be a motivation on its own. We are feeling more energized, for many of us, losing excess weight, our minds are more focused, our visions becoming clearer, our relationships improving, placing ourselves in the daily equations of our priorities, are a few of benefits for making healthier, more positive changes.

For many of us strong, independent women types who tend do most things on our own, we tend to take on more and more for our families, our friends, our jobs, our homes, the extra’s and it leaves virtually no time for ourselves. When we incorporate ourselves into our priorities, our lives become more enjoyable. It benefits not only ourselves but those who are around us; giving to ourselves as well as others is more than OK, it places much needed balance in our daily lives.

My journey is in eating healthier, losing some much needed weight, being more physically active, deepening my faith, stress management, making more time for family, friends and the things I enjoy. Living the moments, healthier and more fully, taking time to really enjoy things.

The first step I took in January 2015 was to finally, (after all these years of taking a course here and a course there when I could fit it in), enroll in 2 different schools for 2 different certifications. Both are a year to 18 month complete programs. (not a course here or there) Both are extremely dear to my heart. Health and Wellness Coaching and Christian Life Coaching. I have always had a deep connection to helping others, coaching, counseling, ministering … and have taken courses along the way in hopes to one day help others along with myself, live a healthier, fuller, more enjoyable lifestyle; living life to the fullest, despite the pits and valleys, and truly “living” the moments and “creating” those moments. Longer term goals will be to incorporate, stress management Coaching, Secular Life Coaching, Joy Restoration Coaching, Relaxation techniques, Reflexology and fitness along with design psychology, all leading to Total Health & Wellness: not just about what we put into our bodies, which is extremely important, but what we surround ourselves with … Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, Relational, career path choices and aesthetical surroundings.

Eating healthier, making better choices and garnering more flavor from healthier foods will only enhance the desire and ability to make it a lifestyle … long term. I love veggies and fruits, and prefer legumes, lean meats and fish so creating healthier ways to make them, packed with flavor will help cement it as a lifestyle, not a quick fix. I also love cooking and baking and creating. It’s not about elaborate meals, but bringing out the flavors or enhancing them to make them more filling and fulfilling. Since January just making smarter choices and experimenting with bringing more flavor out of those choices has been incredibly enjoyable and satisfying. Taking tastes and smells I love, that are part of my heritage and bringing those flavors out in healthier choices has been empowering in many ways. Smaller portions and healthier choices … without deprivation … This for me is a true lifestyle change. It will not work if we feel deprived, giving our bodies and hearts what they want and crave will be more filling and we’ll be more satisfied and content, (which is a plus plus for our emotional, spiritual and relational well-being). I’m down 25 lbs. since January just in these basic choices and feel more energized and focused. And I am loving that the things I want are a priority in my everyday life as well as the others in my life.

Increasing activity levels contributes also, (and having more energy to do so) Bringing things into my daily routine little by little that are important to me and are more than beneficial is another contributing factor for my total well-being. My Christian faith has always been deeply important to me and has been my base, taking more time out each day incorporating more bible/prayer/devotion time to deepen my relationship is filling the soul part of me. Adding certain types of physical & emotional activity a little at a time makes it more time manageable and begins the foundation for daily healthy routines. Walking, elliptical, stretching, several activity bursts for when I’m at the office (I sit at a desk approx. 8 to 10 hours a day on computer with 2 monitors), so the activity bursts are necessary to clear the cobwebs in my mind and to rejuvenate & stretch out the body, 2 to 3 minute relaxation/meditation segments throughout the day, shoulder and neck stretches once or twice a day and making sure to make healthier food choices are all part of my daily routines – some days better than others, but more consistent.

With my overflowing schedule, it’s important to make these things a priority for myself and schedule time to do them … I work approx.. 50 hours a week, add, approx.. 10 to 12 hours a week for each Course program (health and Life Coaching) plus additional reading for each to learn as much as possible to apply to myself and pay forward to help others, sharing care for a terminally ill parent, and making time to cook and enjoy meals, and the added beneficial healthier things I want to incorporate into my everyday life … and making time to enjoy family and friends, gardening and all the other things that need to be done and I want to do … It’s important for me to add one or two things to change at a time, in small increments of time to see how it works and add little by little to not be overwhelmed and to fully enjoy the journey.

I added several items 2 weeks ago (see entry 4/6 Monday’s Momentum) to my daily routines and little by little and working them into every day habits.

What are some of your long term goals for Health and well-being?
What can you add or increase to an additional 5 to 10 minutes 3 times a week, or each day?
What would you like to do to change the things in your life you want to change?

On my personal FaceBook page cover photo, I have a beach photo with a saying … I offer these words to you in your journey …

You Cannot Always Wait For The Perfect Time
Sometimes, You Must Dare To Jump

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take:
But by the moments that take our breath away ~~~

Live Those Moments!

No comments :

Post a Comment